| || |
SkyTronic NOISE CANCELLING STEREO EARPHONES
If you've ever listened to your personal music on a plane or train you will be more than aware of the constant roar disturbing your listening pleasure; the solution is noise cancelling headphones.
How it works
Noise-cancelling headphones reduce unwanted ambient sounds using a microphone, placed near the ear, and electronic circuitry which generates an "antinoise" sound wave 180° out of phase with the sound wave arriving at the microphone.
- Ideal for use on plane, train and bus
- High quality sound reproduction with excellent bass response
- In line volume control
- 3 sizes silicone ear buds supplied which provide a tight seal and stay firmly in place
- Gold plated connector for optimum signal transfer
- Supplied with a gold plated 6.3mm adaptor and a dual (3.5mm mono plugs) adaptor for use on a plane
- Leatherette storage pouch provided
- 2 x AAA batteries (included)
- Power: 2OmW
- Cable: 1.5m
- Speaker size: 10mm
- Impedance: 16 Ohms
- F requency response: 10Hz - 22kHz
- Impedance with noise cancelling: 18 Ohms
- Sensitivity with noise cancelling: 104dB
- Sensitivity: 102dB
- Connector: 3.5mm mini stereo jack
Used for an hour a day, I find the batteries last about a fortnight.
The noise and anti-noise signals cancel each other out through destructive interference, creating a clean signal at the listener's ear. You can enjoy your music played on top of the resultant reduced ambient background noise. The effect of noise cancellation is most effective with continuous sounds such as rumble and hums but is only partially effective against speech or other rapidly changing audio signals.
Keeping noise low at the ear makes it possible to enjoy music without raising the volume unnecessarily. Noise cancelling headphones can also help a passenger sleep in a noisy vehicle such as a plane or train as the background noise is significantly quieter than with no headphones on at all.
Go to order page NOISECAN-101-303
I've been using these for several weeks and find them comfortable to wear. The sound quality is "accepatable" but not up to Bose or Sennheiser standards. But, let's face it; if you are in a noisy environment, the quality of sound is not as important as the clarity and these SkyTronics provide clarity.
Walking up a main road with traffic roaring past, I find there's not much difference in sound between "normal" operation and with "noise cancel" switched on. (Note that "normal" works fine with a flat battery). The ear buds serve to isolate you from much of the noise anyway so the "noise cancel" just makes the sound a little clearer. However, I suspect the difference will be more marked on an aeroplane or train where the background drone is constant.